Raised Panel and Flat Panel Kitchen Cabinets are the most popular in North America. The Flat Panel Kitchen Cabinet is a more traditional style, with the doors and drawer fronts that all have a flat surface.
The Raised Panel Kitchen Cabinet has raised surfaces on the doors and drawer fronts, which are more decorative.
Kitchen Cabinets were traditionally handcrafted, usually by cabinet makers or carpenters. Today they are manufactured in factories and shipped directly to big-box stores, hardware stores, and specialty retailers.
In this article am going to differentiate between 2 main types of cabinets, which are raised panel kitchen cabinets and flat panel kitchen cabinets.
Features of Raised Panel Kitchen Cabinets.
Benefits of Raised panel kitchen cabinets
Some of the features of a Flat Panel Kitchen Cabinet are:
1.It’s appearance is more traditional because the doors and drawer fronts are all flat, with no raised surface.
2. It requires fewer materials to construct than a raised panel kitchen cabinet, which makes it more cost-effective for the homeowner.
3. It’s a more economical alternative to raised panel kitchen cabinets.
4. The flat-panel door makes it easier to clean.
5. The flat-panel door does not collect dust as easily as a raised panel.
6. It has less of an impact on the decor of a room, thus it can be used in any room where aesthetics are less important.
7. The flat-panel door typically is finished with paint but it can also be stained or covered with wood veneer.
8. The flat-panel kitchen cabinet is easier to reface than a raised panel kitchen cabinet.
Benefits of flat-panel kitchen cabinet
Choosing the right Kitchen Cabinet for your needs can be challenging because of all the options available. However, it doesn’t have to be overwhelming if you understand what your options are and why one type of cabinet is better than the other for your needs.